Marubeni established itself as well known player with long credible presence in Indian Power sector both for EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) as well as IPP (Independent Power Producer) projects besides supply of equipments & parts including long term Spares services contract for O&M of plant.
Further, expert support including coordination with Indian vendors /EPC contractors for sourcing purpose, were provided to Marubeni’s Projects/Offices in neighbouring countries like Bangladesh, etc., on need basis.
Known for our appropriate Policy Advocacy for Industry at various Power & Renewable Ministry Forums.
- For EPC projects, 1st Indian entry - full turnkey contract for NTPC’s 650 MW Gandhar Gas Turbine Combined Cycle Power Project (GTCCPP) in Gujarat in 1992 and successfully completed in 1996.
- For IPP projects, executed 347MW GTCCPP for PPN (IPP), Tamil Nadu as EPC contractor, where Marubeni also holds 26% Equity. Commissioned in April 2001.
- Executed Electro-Mechanical (E&M) works for NTPC’s 800MW Koldam Hydro Project as Consortium Leader of Marubeni-Toshiba-BHEL JV. Commissioned (July 2015}, now under Contract closing process.
- Executed Turnkey Contract for Renovation of Gas Turbines for NTPC’s Auraiya Plant (2012). Commissioned (March 2015), now under Contract closing process.
- Further, 10 Contracts for large Super-critical (Coal) Power projects at various completion stages (some completed) for supply of key components of Mitsubishi Hitachi Power System (MHPS) to L&T-MHPS Indian Factory associated with 18 Boilers and 15 Turbine Generators.
- Participated in few Transmission (OPGW, Low Loss Conductor, XLPE Cables) and Substation projects (GIS->Gas Insulated Switchgear) for 400kV in Tala Hydro, Bhutan (2006), 400kV in Purulia Pumped Storage Project (PSP) of JICA, West Bengal (2008), 245kV in Ghatghar PSP (2007), Maharashtra, etc.
- Explored /participated in high efficiency Gas Turbines for large Steel Plants, Refinery Petcoke based Power Plant, Boiler Chemical Additives, appraised Battery Storage Solutions, Emission Solutions, Efficiency Enhancement products, etc.
- Actively pursuing large Adjustable Speed based PSP under JICA ODA funding with Toshiba Japan as partner in several States, wherein 1,000MW Turga PSP is already identified under JICA funding.
- Actively exploring Floating Solar Power market in India for supply of Float and Anchoring solutions in partnering with M/s Ciel-et-Terre France.